InterContinental Kuala Lumpur set to reveal a new face

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by uggboy, Mar 23, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    InterContinental Kuala Lumpur set to reveal a new face:)

SOURCE: http://www.businesstraveller.asia/asia-pacific/news/intercontinental-kuala-lumpur-set-to-reveal-ref

We stayed in the hotel when it was still a Nikko branded property in 2009, a fantastic location, great service and rooms. Plus I remember gorgeous eating and drinking there too!:)

I'm pretty sure under the IC brand it will grow further and further ahead, as one of the jewels in the KL hospitality crown.:)

cennas and rwoman like this.
  2. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Didn't the hotel just open? Or it wasn't refurbished when it was rebranded as the IC?

3. hotelsallover

hotelsallover Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't think there was much in the way of renovation done when the hotel changed over from Nikko.

4. infoworks
    Original Member

infoworks Silver Member

Status Points:
    Theye had just started this work when I was there last month. Back next week, so we'll see what's been done. Given the renovations they did to open the hotel 12 months ago, I am somewhat skeptical about the value of the lobby upgrade/change, especially when there remain room issues with elevator and wind noise, for example.

Overall I have really wonderful stays at hte hotel, with friendly, helpful staff who know me and are very kind with some of my requests.

5. hotelsallover

hotelsallover Silver Member

Status Points:
    That being said, I found the cub staff a bit precious.

6. mrittmayer

mrittmayer Member

Status Points:
    This hotel is great......stayed there when it opened post-nikko and everything was of value
    I can't wait to go back

RA mark