Intercontinental Houston near the Galleria

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by briantoronto, May 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. briantoronto
    Original Member

briantoronto Gold Member

Status Points:
    Stayed here the first weekend of May for one night. Originally booked in the CP downtown, the rate dropped enough (107$ a night AAA rate) to switch out to "Uptown Houston" was pretty easy. If I wanted to, a club room was going for 145$ a night.

The hotel is right the side road for I-610, but immune from traffic noise. Self park is available for 14$ a night (behind the hotel).

Upgraded to a Deluxe King, and proactively offered 4pm check-out as an Ambassador. The room itself had a very nice bed (real King) in a large-ish room with a southern view of the Galleria. It has been renovated, but still had an old tube television.

Turndown service was proactively provided.

I did not eat at the hotel, but the bar was nice with very good bar mix food. The Galleria is a long block's walk away, so no need to drive unless it is too hot.

Unlike my recent stay in Doral, this did feel like an Intercontinental, though in some ways Doral gave more Intercontinental touches.

Hard to say it was a bad stay for the rate!

Clocktower and uggboy like this.