InterContinental Hotels Upgrades Mobile Apps, Features

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by sobore, Oct 26, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/49569493

New Mobile Features
    The upgraded apps allow customers to pocket coupons and go beyond the basics such as checking rates, booking rooms and managing reservations.

"It's not just about booking rooms — we're building relationships with our guests and connecting with them throughout their stay," said Michael Menis, IHG's vice president of interactive marketing.

The hotel group's iPad-specific app includes discounts at hotel property restaurants and room upgrade opportunities. The app also allows business travelers to directly book discounted, company-negotiated room rates — instead of having to go through corporate travel departments, which is what most road warrior use. The app is also available on iPhones.

Read More: http://www.cnbc.com/id/49569493

iterfacio12 and uggboy like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    .......and I read they upgrade their Loyalty benefits for their members.;)

guinnessxyz likes this.
  3. iterfacio12

iterfacio12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's good they're utilizing technology to increase their services; why don't they start making some basic upgrades to their program as well. I believe they would gain some modest favor just by allowing their loyal customers to enjoy their privileges on award stays. On a side note, their iPad Concierge app is quite interesting, & their chef one is amazing!

4. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    I like that users of the iPad app will now enjoy the same benefits as platinum members ("room upgrade opportunities")