Intercontinental Hotel Bali Resort, Royal Ambassador RFI

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by iterfacio12, Sep 16, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. iterfacio12

iterfacio12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    As I'm planning on a holiday at the Intercontinental Bali Resort this late October-early November 2012, I'd like to hear what members of this fantastic new community have to say about the IC Resort Bali. I've heard nothing but good things about this property (ranging from the Points Guy, FT, Boarding Area, etc.), but I'm excited to hear from MP's personal experiences here, especially in the last year or so. Just to note, I'm an IC Royal Ambassador, so experiences from such would be greatly appreciated, but I'd still like to hear from the Ambassadors as well. Specifically, I'd like to hear what room you booked and what upgrades you received, was the club included and if not why, was the club worth getting in the first place, RA recognition in general, the level of welcome gift, the degree of hospitality from the staff from check-in to the concierges in the lounge to the gentlemen welcoming you at the door, the maids and turn-over service, massages in the property with cost and level of competency, the stocking of that lovely free mini-bar, etc., as well as anything else you might deem relevant. Thanks for the info.

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    lucky9876coins recent got a Jimbaran Bay Suite as an RA. I'd book a Duplex Suite with club access probably if I wanted a really big suite. The hotel used to be much more generous with RAs than they are today, I think officially both AMB and RA get upgraded to Duplex Suite without club access if you don't book club, although I haven't kept up on the latest here.

Club access used to be a no brainer here, it was awesome, food to order complimentary throughout the day, that's no longer the case.

Still, I'd want to use the club pool and take my breakfast in the club since the resort itself is otherwise quite large and I definitely prefer to be more secluded.

When I stayed some years ago I booked a regular club room, was told standard upgrade was to duplex suite, I pushed back since that was also the AMB (1 category) upgrade and was told by email in advance that I'd get a Balinese suite. When I arrived there were none available so they gave me a Jimbaran Bay suite, which was outstanding.

I stayed right after they did a data conversion and the info on my reservation got lost, this was back when they used to do planeside meet and greet but they didn't greet me. They weren't set up for my car transfer either. As an apology they gave us 2 one-hour spa treatments.

I do love Bali, things are really inexpensive there, loved the spa.

iterfacio12 and hulagrrl210 like this.
  3. iterfacio12

iterfacio12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I definitely agree with the preference for seclusion; how were the club only areas? Were they overcrowded with people? Do families with club access have their children running around club areas (lounge, pools, etc.)? What room do you think I should book to gain access to a Jimbaran Bay suite (seeing as that seems to be a bit more exclusive and private)? My fiance' and I are looking for a nice, relaxing luxurious holiday. Our jobs are a bit stressful (she's a flight surgeon and I work as a multi-functional logistician for a large company, dealing with fuel, maintenance parts, water purification, etc, all in a country that is not our own). I really don't feel inclined to have to go up and ask one of the staff to tell these guests who payed for club access to take their misbehaving children elsewhere. It just seems crass. Also, what else did you go and see while there? I've looked at a couple locations that would be worth a day trip (possibly), like the Tirta Empu Temple, Elephant Safari Park, Kuta, Uluwatu Temple. Any personal nuggets to toss my way? Thanks much, mate.