Intercontinental Grand Stanford, Hong Kong

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Rob, May 20, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Rob
    Original Member

Rob Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have to say, as a lowly Priority Club Platinum (no Ambassador status whatsoever), I was very pleasantly surprising by the IC Grand Stanford. They were quite willing to let me check in very early (if only my reservation had been transmitted to them by the time I got there - making a third party booking less than 14 hours before can have unfortunate consequences), upgraded me to a harbor view room, comp'd internet access and a drink at the bar, proactively offered late checkout, and delivered a plate of fruit to my room. The staff were all quite friendly as well.

While the location isn't as good as the IC HKG, the walk from TST-East isn't that bad and the shuttle service is quite convenient.

Sweet Willie and uggboy like this.
  2. I really like that hotel and have stayed there several times. The property is privately opened and operated, one of the few IC's that are franchised. While the IC HKG is a little more luxurious its much more pricier and IMO not always worth the stay.

uggboy likes this.
  3. konoyaro

konoyaro Silver Member

Status Points:
    I stayed there about a week ago using the F&F rate. Overall I enjoyed it but I don't have much experience with HK hotels to compare. The room was nice and seemed to have been remodeled not too long ago. Location was OK if a little out of the way. My HK friends were hinting that it's not as cool to stay in Kowloon compared to HK Island - oh well :)
    Since the F&F rate did not include breakfast I cruised around the neighborhood looking for a place to have breakfast/coffee. I found a place nearby named Crema which serves English breakfast and excellent espresso drinks. Worth stopping by for a cup if you're so inclined.

uggboy likes this.
  4. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great to see, I'm going to make a reservation to stay here during my stay. Seems that their prepaid rates are among the best in town.

uggboy likes this.
  5. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    another great stay with much improved rooms, near solid 4 star quality

the club lounge here is darn nice and service is 'over the top' IMO

I enjoyed this stay better than my stay at IC HK a few months ago

view from my room

[​IMG]

6. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have a stay coming up this weekend at the IC Grand Stanford, will of course report back. I'm curious to see what perks, if any, a Plat Ambassador can expect.

@skyvan did you end up staying at this IC? If so, how was it?

After the first part of your sentence, am I assuming correctly that you intended to state "...one of the few ICs that are not franchised" ?

edited to add: I emailed the concierge and asked if there were outlets for US based electronic chargers as well as what the nearest MRT station was, here is his response: "Please be informed that hotel room has electrical outlets and multiple adapter and the closest MRT station call Tsim Sha Tsui station by walk around 10 minutes."
    -

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  7. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    last week I stayed at IC Hong Kong, my company was not paying so I used points + cash

if I had paid all $$$, likely would have opted for Grand Stanford but oddly enough GF is 50k pounts and HK only 45k :eek:

the differences between the two ICs has been discussed here, the clincher for me is the RA recognition at HK, incredible

[​IMG]

my view from largest suite I have been upgraded to yet there, club access, 8AM check in, free movie, fruit / water, gift......................

however the GF lounge is more "clubby" IMO and the neighborhood can be more convenient, lots of options to eat + shop