Intercontinental Frankfurt

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by NYBanker, May 31, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Overview: A solid but aging upper-mid-scale hotel located on the bank of the Main River
    Strengths: Service, cleanliness
    Drawbacks: An aging property with a location that is best called “CBD-adjacent”

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My full review here: http://www.sitinfirst.com/?p=715 Lots of pictures.

2. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Interesting that they gave you free minibar and you're "just" (I don't mean that as it sounds!) Ambassador.

I've stayed here a couple of times and agree with all of your assessments. Last time I was there we were given a suite, but not one of the "typical" panorama suites that they give RAs -- this was a really tacky, terribly outdated room that reminded me of middle eastern palaces gone wrong in the 1970s or something, complete with faux golden marble walls and heavy curtains, etc. However, service has always been very good, and I have also always gotten club access (as RA) and find this club to be quite good. They offer enough hot items in the evening to make a proper meal out of it, and it's all of good standard.

Sometimes this hotel prices itself out of the running for me, though -- I guess being so close to the CBD they must get full up with business people during the week.

aptraveler, NYBanker and uggboy like this.
  3. lotso-bear
    Original Member

lotso-bear Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was wondering about the minibar as well...I thought maybe it was property or brand dependent, like the Andaz.

On a side note, I have a group of 3, and we have 2 nts in Frankfurt in Dec 2012. Does anyone have a preference between the Hilton Frankfurt, Westin Grand, or Intercontinental? I am only Gold with SPG and Hilton, but RA with IC. For location, we are mainly going to look around, visit some of the holiday markets, and do some high end shopping.

I had wanted to burn some HH or PC pts, but the IC F&F rate is low (~133€), and I'm not sure about the location and the dated rooms. Given the parameters above (group of 3, location, elite status), is the IC a good choice?

aptraveler, NYBanker and uggboy like this.
  4. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sorry, to clarify, I have Royal Ambassador status, not just Ambassador. I was referred by a nice Milepointer.

TheBeerHunter, uggboy and aptraveler like this.
  5. aptraveler

aptraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am glad we got that sorted. :D Let's not mix and match here, please! Thanks for the pictures.:)

TheBeerHunter, NYBanker and uggboy like this.
  6. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am still figuring out the program, frankly. I am fairly uneducated on it.