Intercontinental Duesseldorf

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by TheBeerHunter, Feb 11, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    I didn't find an existing read about this hotel so I'm starting one.

Checked in about 1 PM on a Friday. Our check in was quick, room ready. Having booked a club room, we were upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite with club access as RA.

As soon as we got to the room, we were also given my RA gift, which was a plate of delicious truffles and some mustard along with some schnapps.

Room is on the small side for a suite, though fully functional. It includes a beautiful balcony overlooking a courtyard. Bed is very comfortable, separate blankets for each side of the bed, which my husband and I really appreciate :D

Bathroom is fantastic, with a large soaking tub, separate shower and heated floors. They feature the We Live Like This toiletries, which I much prefer to the all too common Elemis (!!!!)

Minibar is good, decent selection of soft drinks, beers, and liquors.

Club is really fantastic. Staff is very attentive. Lunch and dinner offerings could make full meals if you want it to. Sparkling wine and beer on offer all the time. Delicious sweets. Really lovely club, well worth the added price (apparently they don't upgrade RAs as a rule).

Easily walkable from the main station, an easy 1 KM walk. U bahn is also close, 2 stops from the main station.

Aldstadt is very close as well. The hotel is really nicely located.

Design reminds me of The Strings in Tokyo, the hotel has that same sort of boutique feel.

I would definitely return to this property. Service has been outstanding.

2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for sharing! :) Something to keep in mind when I'm in Germany!

stimpy and uggboy like this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    We found the same " We live like This" bath amenities @ The InterContinental Hamburg, a great hotel too overlooking the Aussenalster and we stayed in a Junior Suite with Aussenalster views. A great amenity line indeed! Love Elemis too, a famous UK brand which is undermined by it's owners through insubstantial product innovation and marketing. But the quality was and is always very very good too!

Thanks for your great review of the InterContinental Dusseldorf! They had some interesting times recently as the owners a REIT had branded them for a short while as a DORINT Hotel, but after slipping standards and a furore from many IC loyalists they changed management back to IHG's IC brand.

stimpy and TheBeerHunter like this.
  4. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Was your stay at the IC Hamburg on point breaks?

5. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sadly it wasn't, it was a paid stay.

stimpy and TheBeerHunter like this.
  6. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Well, at least you got stay credit and points out of it!

7. stimpy
    Original Member

stimpy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I too love the IC DUS. I stayed in August in a Club Suite and very much enjoyed the hotel, the club, the Old Town area and of course all the dozens of glasses of Alt. :)