Intercontinental Abu Dhabi - $82

Discussion in 'Deal Page | Air/Hotel' started by MightyTravels, Jun 16, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. MightyTravels

MightyTravels Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great hotel in Abu Dhabi near the Emirates Palace. It's a summer rate but quite a bit lower than the normal summer rates. On ihg.com.

uggboy likes this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, Abu Dhabi hotel overnight rates are a bit like Dubai overnight rates, the hotter it gets outside, the more affordable it will be to stay inside, of course, the cooler it gets outside, the more expensive it gets to stay inside. Interesting concept indeed. :)

MightyTravels likes this.
  3. MightyTravels

MightyTravels Silver Member

Status Points:
    Indeed - they discount quite aggressively. However when I was in Dubai in November it was 90+ every day anyways and hotel rates for the IC Abu Dhabi were $250+ - so I guess it's more than temps :)

uggboy likes this.
  4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Of course, it's also about demand and since the UAE is growing in popularity it's difficult to tell when overnight rates will be more moderate and when overnight rates will be more expensive, but out of experience and observation, prices in the UAE tend to be highest between November and early March and lowest between May and early September, Nov. seems to be somewhere in the middle in regards to demand/season/higher overnight rates. $250 USD for the IC in Nov. seems pretty steep against the $82 USD summer rate for June/July I guess. Glad you share your finding with us here on MP! Cheers. :)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015