Integration of car rental fleets?

Discussion in 'Other Car Rental Programs' started by AAEXPmember, Aug 14, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. AAEXPmember

AAEXPmember Active Member

Status Points:
    I booked an economy car with dollar and get out to the lot to find they are out so they upgrade me to a midsize (not complaining about that) when I check out the row of cars I notice they have hertz navigation systems. I go over and ask the guy if I was in the wrong area and he said nope we have merged the system so that we can use each others fleets... Here comes some more merging in the travel industry!

2. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    What was the location of this Dollar car rental? I've found in some - especially smaller - airport locations, that car rental companies will "pool resources". I'd assumed that they were likely owned by the same entities, and therefore worked together.

3. pshuang

pshuang Silver Member

Status Points:
    There are far fewer car rental companies than there are brands.

Avis owns Budget (and Zipcar).
    Hertz owns Advantage, Dollar, and Thrifty.
    Enterprise owns Alamo and National.

In practice I find that Avis and Budget often share personnel and cars; Dollar and Thrifty often share personnel and cars; Alamo and National often share personnel and cars. However, your data point of Hertz and Dollar isn't inconsistent with the ownership.

Newscience likes this.
  4. AAEXPmember

AAEXPmember Active Member

Status Points:
    This was at the Cleveland Ohio airport location

Newscience likes this.