insideFlyer and InsideFlyer.traxo

Discussion in 'Talk To Me' started by Gargoyle, Oct 3, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Please clarify the roles and capabilities of the two sites. Initially it is confusing, sine they have similar look and graphic standards, but separate logins and separate functions. I don't see any hyperlink connecting one site to the other.

vickers and iolaire like this.
  2. Denny
    Original Member

Denny House of Miles Staff Staff Member

Status Points:
    Can you clarify what you mean? what are we comparing?

3. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Denny: we don't know! The whole thing is so confusing and poorly communicated that we community members do not know what there is and how these things integrate. We are completely lost.

vickers and Wandering Aramean like this.
  4. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    When I first got to the site from the email it took me to insideflyer.traxo. I didn't have an account on there, so I registered, but still couldn't find the forum. Only after going to milepoint.com was I directed to the inside flyer. Is insideflyer.com just the forum, while insideflyer.traxo is the other stuff?

5. Denny
    Original Member

Denny House of Miles Staff Staff Member

Status Points:
    insideflyer.com vs insideflyer.traxo.com

Traxo is a great tool we've added as a free benefit for just being a member of InsideFlyer. We wanted to keep the experience as much as possible inside our website for the benefit of you. There are some limitations to using Traxo's service but they've been amazing to help us make this InsideFlyer's service. One of those limitations is that the emails point to the insideflyer.traxo.com site initially. We anticipate that most members will rarely get to that page as we've embedded the site inside our site.

We auto-activated insideflyer.com accounts to allow our readers to just login and use it or just ignore the email if you don't want to use the service. There's no need to opt out. It's a great service to help enhance your experience as you might be researching a trip and want to glance at how many United miles you have left of that trip you are reading about.

The timing was messed up at the launch of InsideFlyer. We didn't get to announce the added service so that you'd be able know what it was coming, who Traxo was and how to proceed. We are working to get a page and more details to help you and new members get the most from this added benefit on InsideFlyer.com asap.

Essentially insideflyer.traxo.com is what you see when you are on insideflyer.com and click on the parts to view inside of our site.

6. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    That explains it. :) Thanks.