Inside Scoop: New SAS Lounges in OSL!

Discussion in 'SAS | EuroBonus' started by Robbiedeluxe, Jan 4, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Robbiedeluxe
    Original Member

Robbiedeluxe Silver Member

Status Points:
    Received an interesting scoop today from a reliable source today:

1. The Business Lounge will be moved downstairs to the Tax-Free area and the Scandinavian Lounge will remain upstairs, but will increase its capacity by 100%. The idea is to copy the setup in CPH where you are greeted and directed to the correct lounge. This will also avoid charter-pax occupying the Star Gold Lounge.

2. There will be a self-service based lounge for domestic routes in Norway. You swipe your card to enter and help yourself with whatever drink or food you'd like. No SAS-staff will be present.

The work will be carried out during the coming years, in conjuction with the new terminal in OSL.

NorFlyer likes this.
  2. Captainfire
    Original Member

Captainfire Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great news!
    I've never been to the lounges in OSL, but i understand that a C pax w/o status could use the *G lounge without anyone stopping them?

3. Someone
    Original Member

Someone Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great! Only too bad we'll have to wait until T2 phase one is ready in 2017

4. LN-FHU
    Original Member

LN-FHU Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think I'll wait and see......not 100 percent convinced this will happen at all.......like a lot of promises we have seen from SAS :rolleyes:

5. jamesbond_ppk

jamesbond_ppk Active Member

Status Points:
    Sounds great indeed, and I too also hope it will not take forever before we see this happening!

6. view
    Original Member

view Silver Member

Status Points:
    A most welcome change if it happens, but it all depends on what OSL/Avinor want. They want to make as much money as possible so lets see if this comes through or if tax-free is prioritized.

7. torbster
    Original Member

torbster Silver Member

Status Points:
    yeah, there used to be a second checkpoint upon entering the *G section but they removed it like a year ago or something.