Indy JW Marriott open for business.

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by Indiana Delta Diamond, Feb 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Indiana Delta Diamond
    Original Member

Indiana Delta Diamond Silver Member

Status Points:
    The new JW Marriott hotel that opens today features a lobby bar as well as High Velocity, a sports bar, and Osteria Pronto, an Italian restaurant.

High Velocity will offer a menu that goes beyond typical sports bar fare, said Mehdi Spadevecchia, the JW Marriott director of food and beverage.

For example, in addition to sandwiches, ribs, burgers and steaks, the bar menu also includes offerings such as fish tacos ($9), tandoori grilled chicken lettuce wraps ($10), blackened shrimp pasta ($13) and a teriyaki grilled salmon ($16).

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2011102040312

The High Velocity Bar looks extremely cool.

Cholula likes this.
  2. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    The pictures look very nice, almost like a Ren property.

3. CrazyMonkey
    Original Member

CrazyMonkey Silver Member

Status Points:
    Perfect timing to open for the Super Bowl next year in Indy. Rooms will go fast for that weekend.

4. Cholula
    Original Member

Cholula Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Thanks for the heads-up! We'll be in IND next month and like staying downtown and at Marriott properties.

This'll be the best of both worlds.

5. baglady
    Original Member

baglady Silver Member

Status Points:
    Looking forward to hearing about it.

6. It will be tough to pull me away from the Conrad and Canterbury for IND stays, but I'm going to "have to" give this property at least one stay. It's no surprise to IND regulars that the number of hotels downtown is increasing - it's welcome growth! :)

7. Indiana Delta Diamond
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I stopped by for dinner at the High Velocity sports bar. The food was good and reasonably priced. Lots of TVs and some killer classic rock. I wonder if they turn the music up later. Also, there was no single big game on so there wasn't much of a sports bar atmosphere. It wasn't crowded at all and that isn't good for a Saturday night.

I did tour the main lobby and it was quite busy for a Saturday with not that much going on in mid Feb. Lots of chances to drink alcohol.

It's stunning, IMHO.

8. Did you park your car there by any chance, and if you did, do they validate parking for bar/restaurant patrons?

9. Indiana Delta Diamond
    Original Member

Status Points:
    No, I didn't. I didn't know exactly what the deal was with parking and, quite frankly, I was afraid of it. I understand it's 38 bucks for overnight parking. State owned parking garage is across the street and connected via sky walk to the hotel.