Indonesia questions

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Aktchi, Jun 10, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Aktchi
    Original Member

Aktchi Silver Member

Status Points:
    Need to plan about one week trip to Indonesia. I fly into Jakarta and, if possible, want to include Bali. How many days in Jakarta make sense? What is the best way to divide up a week in Indonesia? Thanks!

2. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was based in CGK for almost 2 years... the city has a lot to offer despite the traffic and bad press, but it all depends on what your interests are. For a 1 week visit to the Country, I think that more than 1 or 2 nights in Jakarta would not be worth it..... spend more time in Bali and travel around.....

Aktchi likes this.
  3. konoyaro

konoyaro Silver Member

Status Points:
    You might also consider visiting Yogyakarta and making an excursion to Borobudur. I just got back from Bali a couple days ago and while I enjoyed myself, it's really become much more touristed since my last visit five years ago. If I were to do it again, I'd probably visit Lombok or some of the other less commercialized islands in the archipelago.

4. Jaimito Cartero
    Original Member

Jaimito Cartero Silver Member

Status Points:
    While I've recently lived in Jakarta, and stay there often, there's not too much to recommend there.

Yogyakarta for 2 days, the rest in Bali. Bali is a big island, so decide if you want calm beaches, the party scene, or the rice fields of Ubud. Or, just mix and match.