Indigo - San Diego (GasLamp)

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by rajuabju, Oct 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. rajuabju
    Original Member

rajuabju Gold Member

Status Points:
    Didnt see any review thread for the Indigo hotel in San Diego.

It's a nice hotel in a great location. I have never stayed in an Indigo branded hotel before, but I like it.

Decor is fresh and modern, I know its a relatively new location, but everything is very well maintained. Staff was very friendly at check-in. As a Plat, I was upgraded (though not much of an upgrade) to a King room with a view (not a suite) on the 8th floor. Room is very comfortable, its not the largest, but still plenty big, and i like the layout with the closet tucked to the side.

Bathroom is very nice, no tub (I dont need a tub!) and a great looking show and good quality finishes.

Overall, impressive. Location is the key in the gas lamp district, and this hotel has as good of a location as you could ask for.

Only "downside" was parking, which is valet only and a ridiculous $35/night, but I know thats fairly common in San Diego, so cant complain too much I suppose.

I didnt try the restaurant downstairs, so cant comment on that, but the rooftop pool/bar is pretty awesome.

IMH, rwoman, Kalboz and 2 others like this.
  2. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Any other benefits/treatments for PC Platinum at this property?

rwoman likes this.
  3. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is what drives me away from properties, for $10 more than the parking fee I can stay at an Econo Lodge! :p

Clocktower and Kalboz like this.
  4. Jeff the Wanderer

Jeff the Wanderer Silver Member

Status Points:
    We stayed here for two nights over Thanksgiving last year and were quite impressed. I agree that the parking cost was somewhat high, but we ended up finding a much cheaper option in a garage a couple blocks away. If you want, you can read my write up of the hotel and see some pictures in the post I did after we got home. I would definitely recommend this hotel for both its quality and location.

http://indulgethewanderlust.com/2011/12/02/turkey-day-travel-la-jolla-hotel-indigo-and-chianti/

IMH and Kalboz like this.
  5. Jeff the Wanderer

Status Points:
    We got a couple of water bottles and a selection of snacks from a local cheese shop as a welcome amenity. It was set up on the table in the entry of the room.

Clocktower and Kalboz like this.
  6. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice review Jeff ... was the room okay? I see that you have two boys, was the room adequate for the family?

7. Jeff the Wanderer

Status Points:
    The room was great. We had plenty of space for our family of 4. The two boys shared one of the beds. There was a desk, a sitting chair, and a nice little entry area with a table and some art. If we weren't staying with friends for most of this trip, we definitely would have stayed here longer. It is also a quick walk to a ton of restaurants, bars, and shopping.

Kalboz likes this.
  8. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks Jeff ... again, thanks for the review :)