Indigo launches automated early check-in

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jul 8, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Indigo has launched a new feature yesterday, called Advance Pass. A complimentary facility, which you can select while booking your ticket, will make sure you are automatically checked-in and your boarding pass is sent to you on email when check-in opens (48 hours prior to the flight departure time).

Indigo allows you to pre-select your seats at the time of booking or after booking your flights, and charges a premium to book the first 3 rows or the emergency exit rows. Also, the first 7 row window and first 11 row aisle seats are charged for booking. However, you can get all these seats, if not bought out by anyone else, free of cost when check-in opens 48 hours prior. All other seats are available for pre-assignment free of cost.

Everything comes at a trade-off, and in this case, the trade-off is, if you haven’t pre-selected a seat beforehand, you’d may be assigned a middle seat somewhere automatically, to fill up the middle seats as well. And then you’d have to be at the airport or calling up Indigo to reassign a seat.

This is one facility I would personally pass up, more because I like to see the seats while I check-in. Do you think you would find use of this nifty new feature?

Related Posts:

Join over 3400 people who check-in daily to find out about the best in travel.
    Free emails (once-a-day) | RSS Feeds | Facebook Updates | Twitter | Instagram

The post Indigo launches automated early check-in appeared first on BoardingArea.

Continue reading...