Indian Ocean Tsunami: Ten Years Later, I Accidentally Stumbled Onto Videos…

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jan 14, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    While I was searching for an article to write and post here at The Gate, I accidentally stumbled upon a video — which led to a series of seven videos — much of which are actual footage of the Boxing Day tsunami which occurred in the Indian Ocean on Sunday, December 26, 2004. I did not realize that it had already been ten years since that one of the deadliest natural disasters in recorded history occurred, killing at least an estimated 230,000 people in 14 different countries with tidal waves as high as 100 feet as a result of an undersea earthquake whose magnitude was estimated to be as high as 9.3. Additionally, an additional 125,000 people were injured; and approximately 1.74 million people were displaced. The numbers are staggering. Although I remembered when the deadliest tsunami on record occurred, I have never seen the amount of footage like I saw in the series of videos from what appeared to be a television program called... The post Indian Ocean Tsunami: Ten Years Later, I Accidentally Stumbled Onto Videos… appeared first on The Gate.

Continue reading...