IND. NEW. ORD

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by satman40, Sep 26, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Many flights are being diverted to IND form ORD today, great day for plane watching,

We have 20 flights a day to ORD, nice to see the traffic.

Gargoyle and Flyer1976 like this.
  2. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    satman40 likes this.
  3. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Aircraft are being diverted to Indianapolis International Airport and Chicago-bound flights are being canceled because of a fire at an air traffic control facility in Illinois.

Like I said, newspapers like to put a spin in things to sell papers., Quote was from the Indy paper...

Have a flight out tonight to DCA, schedule looks fine.

4. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    A contract employee at a Chicago-area air traffic control center apparently set a fire and tried to kill himself, officials said Friday, shutting the facility and stopping all flights at the world's second-busiest airport.

CNBC has been running a video report with aerial footage of a fire last night at a west side Chicago ice facility, captioning it as being the Aurora air traffic control center. Great media coverage!

This photo is of the ice distribution facility:
    chicago-ice-fire.jpg

satman40 likes this.
  5. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    FBI officials are reportedly investigating a beheading at an Oklahoma food distribution center after co-workers said the suspect tried to convert them to Islam after his recent conversion.

Seems like a lot if people wanted some attention today.

Be nice to see some Good News,

I like it on this side of the Grass..,

6. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Latest reports say there is no evidence tying it to radical Islam, but that isn't stopping Faux News from jumping all over this story. It looks like it's another of the all too common cases of disgruntled ex-employees coming back to get revenge.

satman40 and chrislacey like this.
  7. chrislacey
    Original Member

chrislacey Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    So sad re: reporting these days. The 24 hour news cycle keeps "reporters" talking about anything to fill the time I think. The ORD ATC issue sounds terrible though. Hopefully they can redistribute the workload and open up more airspace. Sounds like that one is going to play out for a while.

8. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is just a copy cat, cutting off a. Head, and doing some damage

Much like the Riots in Furgeston, much like those in other cities, people taking advantage of the situation.

We have very little respect for others in this country, and face it Incarsonation is like a Country Club, better living standards than many on the outside.

Next thing you know, someone will say he was a poor misunderstood man,

9. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Don't kid yourself. Being in prison in the US is no country club. It may not be as bad as in third world countries and dictatorships, but it is nothing like prison conditions in other industrial countries.

satman40 likes this.
  10. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank God I do not have any first hand experience,

One guy I did know told me it was not bad, but he did not like the other people he had to live with..

He was glad to leave the Joint, and did not want to revisit...he never went back to the best if my knowledge.