inconsistent offering from Sixt

Discussion in 'Other Car Rental Programs' started by jonspencer, May 5, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have had good experience with Sixt in both Europe and the US however in other markets they have been extra weak :eek:

to have an international footprint, they seem to partner with any fly-by-night group interested

on a recent visit to Tanzania we had to chase down their agent just to pick up the car (some 10 year old model with nearly square wheels) despite having a booking weeks in advance and a scheduled airport pick up

against my better judgment I booked a car in Egypt with Sixt, their partner there was the true definition of sleazebag, the car provided had big dents, bald tires, spongy brakes and a bad front end yet they charged me premium location fee + out of hours pick up (even though car was picked up and dropped off at 4PM on a weekday), Then we were over-charged and they used some extortionate exchange rate when computing the charges.

Sixt should not even bother partnering with these guys if they have no control over their product quality and service

uggboy, Thomask and traveltoomuch like this.
  2. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sounds like some of my grousing about Hertz in Ireland. Sometimes it's tricky to find a good hire-car company.

Dublin_rfk and uggboy like this.
  3. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I used Europcar in Ireland several times and liked them, no major issue even after shearing off a few mirrors on stone walls :eek:

Last edited: May 6, 2015
    uggboy likes this.