Income on credit card app

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by TUMD, Mar 17, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    Are all the income questions on an application suppose to be Household or individual since it just says "Annual Salary and Wages." In particular I am looking at the AA Exec application.

marcwint55 and satman40 like this.
  2. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm not advocating lying, but I'd say it's however you want to interpret it. They're not likely to question anything reasonable.

satman40 likes this.
  3. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I always put less, it could come back to bite you, should you have a problem later.

Amex did ask for the front page of my tax returns once.

My wife and I both have separate AA EX cards, we do not co mingle applications.

4. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    bigx0 likes this.
  5. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
    I always put less than I earn, usually the minimum required on the application.

boondr likes this.
  6. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you file a joint return, I would use your adjusted gross income on the application, just in case tax returns are ever requested.

7. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm sure it could happen though neither myself nor anyone I know has been asked for this. (Well, except you, but I don't know you too well!)
    I imagine if you are seeking a large credit line and say you have huge income they might ask for a more details.

satman40 likes this.
  8. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am self employed and turn in a limited income, only enough to justify the credit required.

Amex is the only card that has requested the information, and it was after they issued the card, I also thought it was strange,

More than one bank officer has told me I did not have enough income for the loan requested, only to have a closing later in the week.

After 95 we started building houses on Credit Cards, and still do to this day.

bigx0 likes this.
  9. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I feel it opens up a liability, for the banks to come back on you.

I seem to remember someone getting jail time for false statements on credit applications after the loan was in default..

LETTERBOY likes this.