Inbound point transfers to Miles and More

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by NYBanker, Oct 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    What are sources of points to transfer into M+M? I recall Amex doesn't transfer...are there hotel options or other methods to get points converted to M+Ms?

Chimpy likes this.
  2. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Are you looking for miles earnings opportunities to credit to MM? Or take existing hotel points somewhere and transfer? I've had success going back to Hyatt stays and having hyatt points replaced by miles to my account

3. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've got Amex, starwood, ihg and hyatt points. I am interested in transferring some of those points into M&M.

I found a conversion mapping site. No options are particularly attractive, but I see what I can do at least.

4. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have you tried having recent Hyatt stays be changed to miles instead of points? Did it for a few past stays and it worked nicely. Not a big hotel user, so the hotel points would not add up for me to be worth anything.

5. NewbieRunner
    Original Member

NewbieRunner Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did you find it or did a little bird tell you? ;)

NYBanker likes this.
  6. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    A little of everything, I guess.

The honest answer is after a few hours of no reply, I posted the same question over on FT. A person there directed me to one of the transfer calculation websites pretty quickly. It was, however, I site I'd been to previously, but had forgotten about.

The basic answer is SPG are the only points that I have that transfer efficiently. SPG points are, in general, my most valuable currency. The reason to transfer to M+M was to get access to award seats that they don't make open for partners. I can do it, but it won't be cheap...time to think now.

7. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    The former Carlton Hotels program with Radisson in Europe had OK transfer levels to M&M: I transferred a bunch of points last year and it wasn't too too terrible.