In the banning-kids-on-planes debate, what about unruly adults?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by rwoman, Aug 22, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    wrxmom and uggboy like this.
  2. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think ANYONE who is unruly, be they adult or child, should be banned/removed from flights.

wrxmom, rwoman and Koschmar like this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's a good point. I'm however always surprised about the so-called " adults who are experienced flyers " and it's nearly always them who make the headlines, about kids we hear rarely in the bigger scheme of things.

rwoman and LETTERBOY like this.
  4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank for sharing rwoman, it's important that this issue is kept alive. It's important IMHO that people understand it's actually [ mostly ] not the kid who disturbs the nerves of other passengers, it's actually some adult passenger who is unreasonable [ as in most cases ] pompous.

As said it's very important to keep this issue alive, especially as the clash between families vs. frequent flyer elites looms plus higher fares and taxes, fewer space in economy, plus of course fees on everything we can think of [ some airlines getting very creative ].

rwoman likes this.
  5. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    We usually hear about kids when their parents refuse to keep said kids in line.

rwoman and uggboy like this.
  6. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Recent studies have shown that kids emulate the behavior of their parents, and ditto, how can the kids be out of line, when there parents aren't?

Point taken, it's important to keep things balanced and reasonable, especially what kids concerns, they grow, they learn, they're kids, with the right social environment I'm pretty sure they learn fast what is accepted and what's not, it's natural and it's educated, without the pressure or bad behavior of their parents. [ When they have none - bad behavior - and show social responsibility / interest - and include the kids more often in processes from which they can learn, they will learn, and voila, the stigma of kids - being the bad guy - are by fault / by default melts away. ]

rwoman likes this.
  7. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    My biggest dislike is loud drunks, loud snorers, and obese slobbering on my shoulder seatmates;) Of course these are all "adults"

uggboy and rwoman like this.