In-Depth Analysis: Transparent Airfares Act of 2014 Supporters

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jul 31, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

As I discussed earlier this week, the U.S. House of Representatives passed the Transparent Airfares Act earlier this week. This piece of legislation that was highly favorable to the airline industry was passed in a rather non-transparent way, which you can get more details on from our earlier article. This post however, will show you a more in-depth analysis of the supporters of the bill and how much they have received in terms of contributions from the airline industry. I personally dislike Shuster, but he isn’t the only one down the airlines’ pants. I also hate to get political, but I’m calling both parties out in this analysis. If that wasn’t enough to think consumer and voters are getting the raw deal with this piece of legislation, it only gets worse by following the money and the details of the members of Congress who supported the legislation. A look at the contribution of these members gives you a broader idea of how broken Washington is. Here are Congressman Bill Shuster’s (R-PA) top political industry contributions. You’ll notice air transports has given him a pretty decent amount of money. Part of this is because he’s the chairman of the Transportation and [...] The post In-Depth Analysis: Transparent Airfares Act of 2014 Supporters appeared first on Fly2Travel.

Continue reading...