In Brussels and need help

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Miss Staunton, Jun 16, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Miss Staunton

Miss Staunton Silver Member

Status Points:
    just flew in from Milan and notified our connecting flight UAL 951 is being delayed 7 hours due to mechanical problems. Gate agents tell me there is no other way to get home. Can someone confirm this

I know that I gave read about EU compensation when flight is delayed. Can someone educate me on this

Written at 10:06 Belgium time (AM)

Jane

satman40 and traveltoomuch like this.
  2. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is "home" IAD? LH through MUC seems to only have F space. LH to FRA and then UA to IAD seems like it would work, but it doesn't shave much time off of sticking with what you have. The problem with mechanical delays is that they can grow; 7 hours may turn into 24. I'd call UA - don't rely on the contracted agents at BRU - and ask to be routed through FRA or MUC today. Or, if you prefer an extra night in BRU, ask for the flight tomorrow.

BA through LHR seems to have space, too, though UA is less likely to put you on it.

satman40, Mrlasssen and edekba like this.
  3. Miss Staunton

Miss Staunton Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the help. The delay did end up being 7 hours long. At the end of the flight we were told to go to the United site to the appreciation tab and there we had a choice of either $100 voucher or 5000 miles. I took the miles sine we have a trip coming up that we'll use miles for. Need up being a very long day

satman40 and traveltoomuch like this.