Improving TATL quality of life in Y

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by kugelfischer, Jan 30, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. kugelfischer

kugelfischer Active Member

Status Points:
    Would anyone here intentionally book TATL Y on a CO 767 over a UA 777 with E+? I like the seat config, power outlets and IFE on CO's 767, but at 6-3 tall I don't think I can pass up E+. Even if it means on a SEA departure giving up around 1,700 EQMs RT by connecting in ORD or IAD instead of IAH.

2. EWR764
    Original Member

EWR764 Silver Member

Status Points:
    When is your flight?

3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    The CO767s right now are cruddly looped PTVs and emPower if you're near the front of the plane. If you could guarantee a new config 764 with the AVOD and power and E+ I'd take it. Otherwise the experience isn't all that much different IMO.

4. kugelfischer

kugelfischer Active Member

Status Points:
    I'm traveling 9 FEB.

5. lhrsfo
    Original Member

lhrsfo Silver Member

Status Points:
    The answer to the OP's question is that UA's elites would absolutely avoid CO TATL until E+ is fitted. E+ is UA's principal (some may say only) competitive advantage, especially when compared to overseas competitors. With E+, UA offers probably the most comfortable Y longhaul experiences: without it, UA offers hostile FAs, dilapidated interiors, inedible food, pathetic IFE and charges for alcohol - it's no surprise it has to be price-leader in many of its TATL markets - and CO has similar shortcomings. Effectively, E+ is the prime reason why many of UA's elites who travel principally internationally in Y are UA elites.

esrfalco, thegrailer, Gtitan and 2 others like this.