Impressed by Air New Zealand Onboard Tourism Guide

Discussion in 'Air New Zealand | Airpoints' started by alisinna, Feb 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Last year I flew in business class from SFO to AKL. The service was everything you would expect from a good business class experience. There was something that put it over the top for me, however. There was a gentleman in an easily recognizable green shirt. He was seated in the 1st row of coach. Not only did he greet everyone in business class, but regularly would visit and ask people if they needed any guidance on activities in New Zealand. I thankfully had a native to guide me around, but he had free tour books with him for anyone who was interested, and helped 3 of the passengers on their first visit there to find all sorts of great things to do and see in Auckland and the rest of New Zealand.

kiwi and ThatJohn like this.
  2. ThatJohn
    Original Member

ThatJohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ah, the fantastic Air New Zealand Concierges! Aren't they wonderful?

alisinna likes this.
  3. Very much so!

4. ThatJohn
    Original Member

ThatJohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    My parents flew down to NZ a couple of weeks ago to visit me for the first time since I moved here (and I've shipped them off to the South Island until later this week), and I asked the Concierge to pass my mum a little "welcome to your flight...I can't wait to see you!" note. (Best. Son. Ever.)

It was a real highlight for my mum (dad's highlight was drinking his way through the NZ wine on board...) and really simple to set up -- I just emailed the main Concierge address with the note attached and they passed the email onto the Concierge for the folks' flight. She emailed me to confirm and printed it out and passed it to my mum with a glass of bubbles.

Top notch, NZ, top notch. ^

ArizonaGuy and kiwi like this.
  5. Italy98
    Original Member

Italy98 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Will have to give NZ some serious consideration for our trip down under.

Gargoyle likes this.
  6. Global Explat
    Original Member

Global Explat Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm a kiwi, been away from NZ for almost a decade. I lucked upon a biz class Air NZ flight to HK from London late last year. I'm not normally prone to homesickness, but this flight really got me missing the place...

The All Blacks in the safety video, the quirky inflight music... all NZ tunes..... the NZ wine on board.... all good.

ThatJohn and kiwi like this.