Impressed, bumped up to Platinum

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by mayaman, Jul 20, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. mayaman

mayaman Silver Member

Status Points:
    I registered for AA promotion HVC2C back in April and flew to Istanbul on an AA/BA combination flights. Was tempted to fly direct from LA on Turkish Air, but took the offer and flew 3 seperate flights to rack up the miles. Still being jet lagged after getting home last night(but flights were all on time and actually good flight LHR to Chicago), I went to my AA account and found my status was now Platinum and all my mileage for yesterday was doubled with added bonus points for having met the promotion mileage. While I flew Luftansa and not Air Berlin within Europe almost 2 weeks ago, due to having service to the cities I was going to, I'm still waiting to get mileage posted on UA account.

2. TheBOSman

TheBOSman Silver Member

Status Points:
    The key is, were you targeted for the promo? Or did you just enter the code, get "registered" and it happened to work out for you? Not trying to be cynical, AA's IT tends to catch promo codes when people aren't eligible for them, even though it sends out the automated "You're Registered!" e-mail.

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. mayaman

mayaman Silver Member

Status Points:
    "Took the offer" means I was targeted, but there was confusion as to whether my BA flights would be eligible or not depending on who I spoke to at the AAdvantage desk. In the end, they did count towards meeting the mileage. I earned almost 36,000 miles for my trip. Not bad! Looks like with what I earned, I'll be able to fly Business class using miles to Australia again this year. Love the PJ's with the picture of the Kangaroo they give us on Qantas.

TheBOSman likes this.
  4. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    This is an understatement. AA is extremely good at weeding out ineligible registrants. I still can't recall anyone successfully sneaking by.

5. TheBOSman

TheBOSman Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good to hear, and welcome aboard from an AA EXP! Now, you'll just need to find those business class award seats (I'm about to cancel one actually, can't make the dates anymore :().