Important Changes to how Upgrades work on US Airways

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by Prior2Boarding, Mar 2, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Prior2Boarding

Prior2Boarding New Member

Status Points:
    Back on January 17th, US Airways made a major change to its fare class booking codes to align with its merger partner, American Airlines. What this meant is that booking codes used to book US Airways flights into a passenger’s itinerary would be converted to the syntax in use by American at the time. This was done to make it easier to transfer/translate passenger bookings to the new AA once the integration is completed. One of the more interesting implications of this change, as it relates to both US and AA elites, is how upgrades and awards are handled. I’ve observed several changes to my US bookings post-alignment, and while I thought everything would be business as usual on the US side of house, there actually have been some pretty significant changes. And I’m very, very unhappy about them. BUT, there’s one hidden benefit in all these changes that will actually help US and AA elites when traveling on US. Upgrades on US Airways pre-alignment Note that when I’m talking about upgrades here, it is in the context of domestic elite auto-upgrades (currently free pre-departure for all US elites and 24 hours prior to departure for AA elites). Prior to [...]
    The post Important Changes to how Upgrades work on US Airways appeared first on The Winglet.

The post Important Changes to how Upgrades work on US Airways appeared first on Prior2Boarding.

Continue reading...