Immigration before domestic segment

Discussion in 'Thailand' started by kwai, Apr 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    While the answer is probably yes, I've never connected from a domestic to international flight out of the bigger tourist airports in Thailand.

I'm on two itineraries, the first CNX-BKK, the second BKK-PNH. Both on PG. I know that the bags can be checked straight through and I'll get both BPs in Chiang Mai. My question is, will I be able to be processed at immigration in CNX? With 2 hours between flights I'm not concerned, however things would obviously be easier if this could be taken care of in CNX.

TIA.

2. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'll answer my own question. Checked in at the domestic area for PG and received both BPs. The domestic one was stamped 'international'. They gave me a CIQ sticker and then made my way up to the southern reaches of the second floor and I was the only pax in area. After being stamped out the immi officer stapled the departure card to the BP and off I went.

For boarding the GA simply took the departure card.

Upon arrival we were bussed to the domestic bus gate, approx D3, and immediately to the right was the CIQ entrance. Very easy and very convenient.