I'm truly puzzled

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by p_collins, Mar 21, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. p_collins

p_collins New Member

Status Points:
    I got a credit card which gives me extra points for buying at office supply stores. The mystery is my credit card swipes just fine at any other BUT office supply stores, where they have to enter the information manually; and a lot of times, the cashier has to call the manager to do this. I often buy gift cards at office supply stores; is there anyway my card has been "marked" in some way by these stores and stop it from working in their readers? I just don't understand why I ONLY have this problem at office supply stores. Does anybody else have this problem??

Thanks!

2. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    Never seen it. You could contact the company and ask to have them issue you a new card. Just say you lost it or that a part is breaking off so you're having trouble with it.

3. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    As a merchant, the readers may not always work properly. A simple solution is to run the swipe up instead of down and see if that fixes it. Otherwise, ask for a new card.