I'm new, I really need your expert advice

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by almag727, Jun 2, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. almag727

almag727 New Member

Status Points:
    I just got my Chase Sapphire Preferred card. I want to be able to get the sign up bonus without having to actually spend money. What is the fastest and easiest way to earn points?

I heard.... you can purchase Visa/Amex gift cards and use those to pay the credit card back off and you still collect your points. (Domino affect, sorta)

uggboy likes this.
  2. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    That is not a good reason to get a CC.

Now if you want to float a spend, you can buy gift cards to hold till you need them later, you can also pay your cell bill, car and home insurance, gas card and grocery store cards are great....we often buy restaurant cards...

I would never buy a GC and then run out and get a MO, it could get lost, or something else's could go wrong....scary

Good Luck, and Welcome

I heard the guy at million miles secret has sent his wife out to buy cards once in a while.

flynhwn, MX and jbcarioca like this.
  4. flynhwn

flynhwn Silver Member

Status Points:
    The best way to do it is to use the card for your regular expenses. Cleaner and you can avoid the hassles and problems associated with gift card conversions. If you don't have enough time to do the spending then buy the GC and use them slowly. You cant use GC to directly pay off your credit cards. It involves more steps and more cost.

satman40 and traveltoomuch like this.
  5. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sign up for programs that give a small signup bonus just for enrolling. It's fast and easy. It's also useless, but so is getting a CSP card if you don't plan to put spending on it. Seriously, if you aren't already spending money that you can redirect to other cards, this game may not be for you.

satman40 likes this.
  6. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I read in the post, I want, I heard...and most stop there.

20% have 80% of the miles and wealth..

Success is planed Failing comes naturally

People get FAT eating an extra spoonful of food everyday., in time we all end up with more than we need if we just do it, instead of wanting it.

wrxmom likes this.