I'm going to attempt SM redemption...this will be interesting

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by redtailshark, Mar 26, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's been some time since I redeemed SM but it seems thanks to my cache of BE RGN flying some of which I didn't somehow get credited to AS (in spite of my pre-departure requests @ NRT SC to change the FFP number to AS), I have accumulated some.

If we believed DL's publicity, we might even think that it was enough to do something useful with. True, I'm the shark upload_2014-3-26_10-11-3.png and - surprise! - I believe no such thing. I could however actually use a published SM partner possibility....so later this week, I'm going to try it and see what happens. I expect any and all responses - from "XX isn't a SkyMiles partner [in spite of the fact DL.COM proudly states so] all the way to "Yes, Mr. Shark, available at LOW level for your choice of days, on all services operated by our partner.." [I don't expect this, <1% chance but you never know until you try].

I can obtain this same itin using UA MP - I already checked and it's open for reasonable redemption on their regional partner. But why use ultra-valuable MP when I could substitute SM?

I need some time and fortitude to engage in combat with SM agents so it must wait until later this week. Stay tuned, it might be amusing.

2. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    How many SMs do you have to burn?

3. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have slightly more than 40k. The Y redemption I want - not domestic US - is supposedly 25k at LOW...we know however what that really means. [To the rhythm of Katy Perry TGIF]: PHL. FCO. PHL. FCO! PHL!-FCO! etc.