I'm checked-in 34 hours before my flight

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Garp74, Nov 6, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Garp74

Garp74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Odd occurrence just now. I'm flying IAD<->YYZ tomorrow for a day trip (no overnight). I'm in the 24 hour window for the outbound leg, so I checked-in via the app on iOS. It let me check-in for both legs even though the inbound flight is in 34 hours. It shows me as #1 (and the only member) on the upgrade list for the inbound flight. Adding to the oddness is the app refuses to give me the option to see my boarding pass for either segment (so I can store it on my phone). The only option on the boarding pass printing screen is to email it. I choose the option and no email is sent.

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    If it sees the trip as a connection it can check you in for the whole thing outside the 24 hour window. Not all that uncommon.

Flyer1976 and Garp74 like this.
  3. Garp74

Garp74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    That makes sense. Thank you WA.

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  4. Misplaced Texan
    Original Member

Misplaced Texan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Happens to me all the time on day trips. I usually only check in for the outbound, but about half the time I forget to untick the "automatically check me in for the return" box and so automagically get all of the boarding passes for both directions in the app.

Garp74 likes this.