IHG Website: Bonus Package not booked when selected

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by HaveMilesWillTravel, Dec 29, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Anyone else seen this? (or perhaps a warning for those who might want to book a stay with bonus points)

For one of the Set Your Sights challenges I needed to book a stay with bonus points package. $5 more for 1000 points (plus a $5 higher base rate ($99) than AAA). I pick this bonus, and on the next page it shows the flexible rate, but without bonus points cost (i.e., $99). Tried it with Chrome and FF, same issue. Then I tried the higher bonus package (5000 points) and that worked as expected. Hit back button, selected the 1000 point package again, and this time it worked. Seems perhaps that the webui initially has the 1000 point default selected, but doesn't pass it to the server when choosing the rate. I am not interested in troubleshooting IHG's javascript, but just posting this as a heads-up for others...

2. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the heads-up.

3. Lionell

Lionell Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the advice, never ran into the issue before, will see what happens as I need to book a couple of bonus packages as well.

Newscience likes this.