IHG to sell Le Grand Hotel Paris for $442 million

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by uggboy, Aug 7, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    IHG to sell Le Grand Hotel Paris for $442 million

sobore, Newscience and Rosalia like this.
  2. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    It is very often the case : If I remember well, many ICs have disappeared : Luxembourg, Stuttgart, Brussels, Hambourg,.In Paris there is still the new IC, avenue Manceau...

uggboy likes this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    ...but the new owners keep Intercontinental on as managers of the Le Grand in Paris, this makes it two choices there, at least for now. We've seen in London with the Westminster property how fast things can change.

Rosalia likes this.
  4. londoncalling

londoncalling Silver Member

Status Points:
    London Westminster is an interesting issue. They didn't own the property but had it designed for their purposes and then lost it less than two years into what should have been a long term agreement. I would still like to understand that story as I also have shares in ICHG.

Rosalia and uggboy like this.
  5. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am spending three nights this time in Crowne Plaza, République which used to be a Holiday Inn...they just mixed up Standard room with suite, I printed the whole page and will show them the error hoping to be upgraded to a Suite, and on top of all, they include breakfast for 2 persons, when the rate is an Exclusive Advance Rate for RC members with no breakfast. Will give details after my stay.

uggboy likes this.