IHG signs first Hotel Indigo in Italy

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by uggboy, Apr 22, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    || IHG signs first Hotel Indigo in Italy ||

Excellent addition. :)

TRAVELSIG and sosphistocles like this.
  2. sosphistocles

sosphistocles Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am starting to become an indigo convert...would definitely stay at one in Rome if it opened. I only hope the rooms are not toooo small.

3. There is apparently a new Indigo in London somewhere in South kensington that is supposed to be very nice. Anyone stayed there yet?

4. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting- is this a conversion from another hotel?

5. sosphistocles

Status Points:
    If you mean the hotel indigo @ earls court/south Kensington, then yea I did stay there. Good location, just across the earls court tube station. Nice rooms especially in the junior suite that I got upgraded to. Breakfast was not tasty though and the check out line is uber long because there is usually only one staff member manning the front desk.

guinnessxyz and TRAVELSIG like this.
  6. sosphistocles

Status Points:
    I paid 120 pounds and I thought the price was totally acceptable for a hotel in that area for price to value ratio. Unfortunately I didn't take any photos; just a video of my room. Ohh scratch that, I did take one picture of a framed photo of my idol mark knopfler from dire straits on the wall adjacent to my room!

7. yes that's the one I heard about from an ICHG exec. I met in China. He was classifying it as an updated generation of the Indigo chain.

TRAVELSIG likes this.
  8. servo

servo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm curious now about whether I should choose this new location to try in May 2014 or go with the Intercontinental De La Ville. I might do 2 nights at both places to compare.

9. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    The IC has a wonderful location.

10. sosphistocles

Status Points:
    The IC does have a wonderful location, I agree. In my opinion the feeling will be completely different though: the IC has a great breakfast area over looking the courtyard but it's got more of a classic feel to it and the staff can be sometimes topsy-turvy. They are either very nice or really moody. The classic rooms are in desperate need of a renovation. I've been there about 4 times.
    Can't comment on the Indigo, but like you I will be sure to book a stay there to see what an Italian Indigo hotel is like.

TRAVELSIG likes this.
  11. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:

If you can get a good deal- the Hassler (across the street from the IC) is my favorite hotel in Roma- really wonderful. Check LHW.com as sometimes the offfers are also very reasonable.

12. Slight correction......hassler is almost next door on the same side of the street;) with an even better view of the spanish steps

TRAVELSIG likes this.