IHG rolls out mobile loyalty scheme enrolment

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by sobore, Feb 21, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.travolution.co.uk/articl...olls-out-mobile-loyalty-scheme-enrolment.html

A mobile enrolment scheme for new loyalty club members is being introduced by InterContinental Hotels Group.

Guests at selected hotels in the UK can fast-track their registration to the Priority Club Reward scheme by using a smartphone and an NFC chip or QR code.

By touching the ‘tent card’ located in selected hotel reception areas with their NFC-enabled smartphone, guests will be redirected to the scheme’s registration webpage.

Users can also scan the QR code using a dedicated app to be instantly redirected to the registration form.

Guests can become members via SMS, by texting a code to a dedicated number and automatically receiving a link to the registration webpage.

Read More: http://www.travolution.co.uk/articl...olls-out-mobile-loyalty-scheme-enrolment.html

GoodBoy and uggboy like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Membership on the "spur of the moment"....interesting! :)

GoodBoy and sobore like this.
  3. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't understand the point... I guess this is for people that are NOT members but are staying at an IHG property? The front desk would tell them "go scan that code or tap that NFC tag" and they would be enrolled?

I guess there's a big enough audience that they figured it's worth engineering this whole thing for them... personally I would have liked to have seen some effort put into the existing members. :)

4. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    Totally agree. I would put all my travel into IHG if they gave me any reason to do so (they're the best big chain in Japan by far), but instead I'm jumping through hoops to stay at SPG properties...

Basically they care more about the random guy who doesn't know who they are than their existing platinum members :|

GoodBoy likes this.
  5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    How about, tag the NFC thingie and get 50 bonus points. Once per day. Kind of like Topguest (RIP) with the requirement to walk in.

GoodBoy and viguera like this.