IHG Rewards Expiring (when they said they would not)

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Bruce11, Apr 19, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. Bruce11

Bruce11 New Member

Status Points:
    I had been assured verbally and in writing that these points do not expire ("never expire regardless of usage"), and now they will. They could have just changed the rules going forward, but they changed the rules for miles earned previously. Poof, just gone. Totally unacceptable. I will try very hard not to use any of their hotels going forward. Even if your points are not expiring, you should consider staying with other hotels as well. If they change the rules and cheat us once, they will probably do it again. They are not being very loyal to us, are they?

sendaiben likes this.
  2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    About as loyal as you were to them if you didn't earn or use any points for a year, right? ;)

Welcome to MileP... eh, InsideFlyer.

Kalboz, satman40 and sendaiben like this.
  3. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Every business has the best intentions, and then reality sets in...

Life is not fair, when you get old it really hurts, I give most of my points and miles away,

Nothing is forever....use them or lose them...

Delta miles are forever...so they say...

Kalboz likes this.
  4. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome... Unfortunately, all loyalty programs have clauses that allows them to make changes. To be fair, while the change is something I do not like, it was not done quietly but communicated clearly.

5. sma_15

sma_15 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Maybe I am an idiot but I don't believe I ever received anything from Priority Club about this change happening.