IHG Rewards Club : July 2013

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Rosalia, Jun 8, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    reward nights will count towards status : What about reservations made with the rate "friends and Family"?

2. My assumption is all bookings will count.

3. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:

If that so, IHG will become the number 1 hotel loyalty program!

4. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    To me it's easier to qualify on points than nights even at discounted rates. You can try a friends and family stay to see if it posts a qualifying night on your account page. It shows on there just under the ytd points in the summary.

GoodBoy and Kalboz like this.
  5. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:

I doubt that - IHG has too many 2 for 1, 30% off, F&F rate and now they are all not qualifying.

GoodBoy and Kalboz like this.
  6. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    it is more logical to have all paid nights as qualifying than reward nights, no?

GoodBoy, Kalboz, nacho and 1 other person like this.
  7. They have already started counting BOGO nights. There may be some exceptions for extremely low rates but IMHO if they honour points nights they should be honouring all stays. I think that's the logic that will or should prevail

GoodBoy and Rosalia like this.
  8. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    I can believe that reward nights would count for Platinum status but I still doubt they would consider them for upgrading an Ambassador to Royal Ambassador!
    Members, your ideas and thoughts are most welcome.

GoodBoy likes this.
  9. mitpat474

mitpat474 Member

Status Points:

I think its feasible, maybe they will raise the barrier to suit (?). Remembering that rewards nights are still a by product of paid stays, now if it was BRGs counting then that would be a different story..

GoodBoy likes this.
  10. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    More details are up on the IHG.com site. A pop up box leads to the details. While award nights will count, not all uber discount ones will and these must still qualify as "eligible" which F&F don't.

GoodBoy likes this.
  11. what about benefits on reward stays?

12. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    are you joking Goodboy?

GoodBoy likes this.
  13. no, i'm suggesting that's what IHG need to do to be in line with the other programs

guinnessxyz likes this.
  14. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've not had an award stay at an IC, but did stay at a Holiday inn last weekend on a reward and the manger said they honor benefits on reward stays and gave me the platinum upgrade. Of course I've gotten upgrades on occasion in the past for reward stays too. but it will interesting to hear if you get mini bar and free movie on reward stay now at IC's

guinnessxyz and GoodBoy like this.
  15. i wouldn't be so confident about F&F counting but would like to be proven wrong

guinnessxyz likes this.
  16. i hope you're right, and counting the BOGO nights is a step in the right direction

guinnessxyz likes this.

17. i've had BRG count

guinnessxyz likes this.

18. G'day Canadian, that makes sense to me, the big one i'd like to drive, and i've reached out to MXM135 on this, is to lobby IHG to make the point earning universal and consistent in line with Canada, the Americas etc so that all stays earn the same at IC's.

I started with customer care in Salt Lake yesterday, i'm sending emails to my corporate contacts and would ask all members to do the same, whether over the phone with customer care in North Carolina or Salt Lake, or by emails to any contacts they may have requesting the same earn. There just isn't the incentive to stay outside of Canada and the Americas, particularly long term stays.

guinnessxyz has also reached out to a IC sales person in Asia, and to get traction with this, we'd need as many members requesting the same.

http://milepoint.com/forums/threads...nts-per-sprend-outside-of-the-americas.66113/

guinnessxyz likes this.
  19. Haven't used F&F so didn't think of that.

GoodBoy likes this.
  20. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Anyone get their new card of membership kit yet? Assuming these are coming...

GoodBoy and guinnessxyz like this.
  21. Not me

GoodBoy likes this.

22. Hi Canadian, ambassador membership year varies ans supersedes platinum IHG Rewards unless something's changed.

i did speak with Customer Care today in Salt Lake, i hope everyone emails and calls and requests universally consistent earning of points in line with Canada and the US, tel: 1 800 621 0555

guinnessxyz likes this.
  23. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    nothing here!

GoodBoy and guinnessxyz like this.