IHG ( Holiday Inn ) Best Rate Guarantee

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by mgn57, Aug 21, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. mgn57

mgn57 Active Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone been successful in getting a Free Night with the BRG ??
    I got a response from IHG, stating they have forwarded the information to the hotel. No further replies for 4 days. If they have forwarded the information to the hotel does that mean chances of getting the BRG Free Night and the hotel at the lower rate are good??
    I used search engine www.trivago.com and then found a website from the UK. The rates were displayed in US $. the website is www.vivastay.com

2. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    Be aware; that I tried to BRG a claim w/IHG & they said no because the T&C of the booking site says they charge in Euro; even though when you click through to confirm a reservation it came out in USD.

Site in quesiton; www.olotels.com

3. mgn57

mgn57 Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi,
    it appears I may be successful in getting the FREE Night and the lower rate. after the third try. My fingers are still crossed. I got the response. see below

We have verified the lower rate you found on www.vivastay.com. We have contacted the hotel and requested that your reservation be amended to a FREE night stay and match the succeeding nights with the rate of 115.00USD. We appreciate your patience and will contact you via e-mail when this has been confirmed.

We look forward to accommodating your upcoming reservation. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us via e-mail or phone at 800.447.2981.

4. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think you scored a free night - congrats :)

5. mgn57

mgn57 Active Member

Status Points:
    I got my Confirmation for two different stays at Holiday Inn Super Dome. Jan 25 - Jan 27 One Night Free and second night 99+. Second stay Feb 4 - Feb 6. One Night Free and second night 110 +

6. icurhere2
    Original Member

icurhere2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was able to recently book a Best Rate Guarantee for a Crowne Plaza this weekend, with the lower refundable rate found on CheapTickets.com. Although I'm a Platinum Ambassador, I have never seen a BRG opportunity previously on a stay.

7. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just filed a couple of claims, and got rejected because the comparison rate is not lower. It actually was and I sent screenshots to BRG and got 2 out of 3 approved.

I didn't have to go through any site in order to get the lower rate - somehow BRG people see higher rate when they access the site. I got a confirmation from that site that the price is the same as the one that I saw.

Another reason not to file BRG with AP rates.