IHG has changed their T&C for their BRG programme - again

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by nacho, Aug 19, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    uggboy likes this.
  2. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just got off the phone with them. They're a real pain In the ass.

I found a cheaper rate through olotels.com and the t&c say they charge in euro. That is the reason why they wouldnt honor my claim However when I click through the confirmation it says usd.

Any suggestions on this?

uggboy likes this.
  3. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    Have you tried making a dummy booking? The agent needs to see that when they try to verify the lower rate - it doesn't matter what the T&C says. If it's not, then your claim won't go through.

Of course it could also depend on where you access the site. BRG dept is in the Philippines and their preferred foreign currency is USD.

uggboy likes this.
  4. I recently got caught in that 30 day trap they had in the T&C's.Might go back and try on my situation with them

I guess getting caught price fixing rates with other booking sites has made them re look at the T&C's and become more honest.

uggboy likes this.
  5. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Do not waste your time anymore; I was right twice having found a lower rate on another website than the IHG one, and they always found an excuse and refused my claim. I argued and had plenty of proofs, it did not help, they came back with a response full of nonsense.

uggboy and edekba like this.
  6. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    Same here, I filed one claim, they said I didn't book the lowest thus denied my claim. I asked them what rate was the lowest and they refused to tell me. They have killed the site and fortunately I got some claims through.

7. mgn57

mgn57 Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi,
    it appears I may be successful in getting the FREE Night and the lower rate. after the third try. My fingers are still crossed. I got the response. see below

We have verified the lower rate you found on www.vivastay.com. We have contacted the hotel and requested that your reservation be amended to a FREE night stay and match the succeeding nights with the rate of 115.00USD. We appreciate your patience and will contact you via e-mail when this has been confirmed.

We look forward to accommodating your upcoming reservation. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us via e-mail or phone at 800.447.2981.

“We would just like to inform you that any changes on the reservation will not be allowed after the verification of this claim. Please be reminded that guest’s with valid claim cannot file another claim for Best Price Guarantee within 30 days upon the arrival date of the reservation which was validated under Best Price Guarantee Program. A valid Government issued ID is required upon check-in”

I hope they don't change their mind.
    The website www.vivastay.com is UK based site.What i did was before checking out made sure the Quote was in US $ then right clicked the page and pasted it on the claim form.
    last night I sent a request from the site olotels.com, this request they denied. Also make sure the type of room you choose is almost same. eg I king bed or 2 double beds etc.
    The olotels.com claim they denied was the cancellation charges.

8. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    The 30 days rule have been removed in the T&C dated Aug. 15. I guess the agent might not have realised.