IHG eyes Fairmont

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by canucklehead, Aug 2, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    londoncalling, MX, mht_flyer and 3 others like this.
  2. mtlfire

mtlfire Gold Member

Status Points:
    That probably wouldn't be good for their loyalty program :(. I like my platinum status.

3. mtlfire

mtlfire Gold Member

Status Points:
    canucklehead likes this.
  4. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, only 2 left in SF after it all ends. It is unfortunate that union rules dictate that all IHG properties need to be unionized considering it ranks amongst the best places to work in the US. Based on Glassdoor (which can be biased with small sample sizes and no geographical data), the employees give their company a very favourable score, though it appears at junior levels, starting salaries are a bit below industry average.

B1BomberVB likes this.
  5. mtlfire

mtlfire Gold Member

Status Points:
    The articles are all over the place, one says it was an article of the contract that said the employer must remain neutral in any unionization attempt, another said that the contract said everyone must be unionized. Quite a difference between the two.

B1BomberVB and canucklehead like this.
  6. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think I read that IHG properties had to be unionized and there was a recent visit to the Kimptons by some union. Given that only the union shop properties are staying, I suspect the rule was exact.

B1BomberVB likes this.