IHG : Exciting changes happening soon

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by uggboy, Mar 26, 2013.  |  Print Topic

?

Do you like the enhancements and find them worthwhile?

This poll will close on Jun 26, 2096 at 3:28 AM.
  1. YES

46.7%
  2. NO

23.3%
  3. SOMEWHAT

33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Priority Club Rewards is now IHG.png
    I received the following e-mail today regarding enhancements of the IHG rewards club:

(793 IHG 3 FUTURE).png

IHG Priority Club is now IHG Rewards Club.

IHG.png

Excellent news. Some interesting and very good enhancements. :)

2. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Free internet worldwide, Reward nights count towards elite status, very nice!

3. progapanda

progapanda Silver Member

Status Points:
    Uh, free internet worldwide for Elite members "in July 2013" or "starting July 2013"?

Some decent changes, but my Priority Club Platinum experience with elite recognition has been very poor until now. Hopefully the fact that Reward Nights will count for elite membership means that the new elite benefits will also be honored on Reward Nights.

GoodBoy, uggboy, guinnessxyz and 2 others like this.
  4. Carry over of surplus nights to the next year after status is reached is a good perk as well. and, ita about time thye had one program only. I await the new program to see how RA's will be treated as nothing is mentioned in the email I received.

GoodBoy, uggboy and sobore like this.
  5. weevinweaver

weevinweaver Silver Member

Status Points:
    Soo Exciting! Free internet! OMG.
    Its about time IHG
    Hopefully they will have some new and worthwhile CC offers to churn.

GoodBoy and uggboy like this.
  6. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    It would be much better they would offer complimentary breakfast and club lounge access to elites, as of now, the program remains not great.

GoodBoy and weevinweaver like this.
  7. If you saw the number of people with lounge access now you would not want to push that agenda. Most of their lounges are overcrowded at peak times which leaves me wonder if its is a real benefit.

8. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    IC sells lounge access as an cash upgrade at check-in to everyone who asks. Every room type is eligible. I presume they have some pretty attractive upgrade rates available, didn't really ask for it yet, when we enjoyed lounge access we always had it included in our rates. I'm not an RA nor Ambassador. Sometimes we simply prefer to pay for the room we want, this all depends on the occasion. Regarding lounge overcrowding, our experiences had always been good in this regard, we found always a space, offerings and service with them. It would be nice to have a free breakfast benefit for Gold or / and Platinums within IHG.

About Again, GoodBoy and viguera like this.
  9. storyteller
    Original Member

storyteller Gold Member

Status Points:
    What about " the flexibility to redeem points with any hotel company in the world".. ?

GoodBoy, weevinweaver and uggboy like this.
  10. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Internet is an excellent development.

GoodBoy, guinnessxyz and uggboy like this.
  11. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    While this is indeed a good development, free breakfast for gold / platinum members, like Hilton would be more of a "real" benefit, especially in the morning while hungry.

GoodBoy, weevinweaver and guinnessxyz like this.
  12. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Now that they are renaming their loyalty program I wonder if the Chase Priority Club Rewards Visa which gives Priority Club platinum status as long as you have the card has a way out -- after all, it's not Priority Club any more.

13. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    They've always had that. Generally, for a very poor exchange rate, you can book outside the chain. Think of it like redeeming points for airline tickets if it's easier to visualize that way -- you can do it, but it seldom is a good idea. But there are some good surprises too, so it you have a lot of points to kill it might be worth a look.

14. The london park lane sells it for 60 quid a day and they have a full lounge daily as does HK at about $75 US a day. Other parts of the chain sell it for fair market value (cost of full breakfast is what I think).
    As an RA I don't get free lounge access with any type of room booked in London and they in turn don't get my breakfast business.

GoodBoy, weevinweaver and uggboy like this.
  15. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Ambassador program has always been separate from the points program and because it has not been mentioned in this announcement is very likely to remain so. This is a British company and it believes in exclusivity and true elitism, and that has always been the premise of the RA element of the Ambassador program. I've been a member of that program since it started in the 70s as the SixContinentsClub...and IIRC you signed up for Ambassador after I gave you my referral certificate for RA a few years back.

About Again, GoodBoy and uggboy like this.
  16. macbookguy

macbookguy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was hoping when they got around to refreshing they would add a silver level and merge ambassador and royal ambassador in like Uniteds GS level - invitation only to the most profitable customers for all of their hotels. I am going to be interested to see where this goes in July. I switched most of my business over to Hilton this year pre-devaluation. So after this year I'm open again. And I pretty much have to stick to IHG, Hilton and Marriott due to where I travel.

About Again, GoodBoy and uggboy like this.
  17. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    Why do they need to wait until July to institute free wifi? Lame.

18. I would assume most hotels would give it to you now if you brought it up and led them to the new program.

GoodBoy, uggboy and macbookguy like this.
  19. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    ......not when they go " the official " way within IHG. << and follow the rules as set out in their new program >> ;)

About Again and GoodBoy like this.
  20. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed, I thought they would bring in this new benefit straight away and give it to all Rewards Club members for free, from July Golds / Platinums receive this benefit and from early 2014 every member gets internet access for free, I now only hope that they mean by internet access " really fast access " and not just " basic " with an payable upgrade. This would be an insult IMHO.

21. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    While it is indeed very nice, I there seems to be already talk for giving only " basic " access for free and " better access " for a fee. ;)

About Again and guinnessxyz like this.
  22. at least reward nights will count towards status, good for those chasing nights to get RA or retain:)

About Again, Rosalia, viguera and 3 others like this.
  23. Better access for free as one climbs the status ladder;)

24. They pretty much give free internet all over NA in almost all hotels now.

25. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not at Intercontinental if you are not ambassador/royal ambassador.