IHG BRG changed their terms again :(

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by nacho, Oct 23, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    Here it is:

I guess good things don't last - you never know what's next.

2. BlueDog

BlueDog Active Member

Status Points:
    Darn! I guess they had to come up with something after they were forced to remove the once in 30 days part.

uggboy likes this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's getting a lot tighter!

GoodBoy likes this.
  4. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    Basically they are preventing people from hotel hopping. 50 miles is kind of stupid because places like Hong Kong is about that size. This is not as bad as the 30 days rule.

aptraveler and Rosalia like this.
  5. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    I do not even bother anymore filling a request for the "Best Price Guarantee" since they refused twice and I was 100% right...

viguera, uggboy and aptraveler like this.
  6. +1

7. SPGnew

SPGnew New Member

Status Points:
    Also stops SPG members taking advantage of the real drop in competing rates which often happens closer to the date of check in. Protects Starwood ultimately from dishing out too much to preserve their so called BR 'Guarantee'

8. SPGnew

SPGnew New Member

Status Points:
    Also the household member rule stops from checking out on say the 1st and checking in on the 2nd using your spouse or other household members SPG account to collect credits for 'stays' as opposed to for nights. Fewer credits are needed to achieve the same status but Starwoods limitation on doing this is a tacit acknowledgement that their 'credits' system was a quicker route for achieving SPG status than the 'nights' system because this rule effectively forces you back to the nights system guaranteeing Starwood loyalty and guaranteeing the loyal member in question alot less in return because if s/he stays 1 night or 5 they will only be credited with one stay. This coupled with the jumping through hoops of fire BRG makes me seriously question- do I want to even bother to aim for Platinum. I dont think so.