IHG Bonus Point Rates

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by DJP_707, Sep 29, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Can anyone confirm if IHG Bonus point rates post as Elite qualifying or as bonus points to your account. Travel loyalty is claiming if you book the bonus point rate for he Hotel indigo in NYC for the 25K bonus points you will get to be spire elite in 3 stays. I have not booked a bonus point rate in a long time so don't remember how they post. I know IHG CC points post as qualifying but I would assume they are called bonus points because they post as bonus points!

http://traveloyalty.co.za/wp/and-th...hg-spire-in-3-nights-and-not-75-with-bonuses/

Kalboz likes this.
  2. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I saw this post as well. I kinda wonder if they will count as EQP's although credit card spend bonuses with IHG hotels seem to so maybe.

DJP_707 likes this.
  3. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    That was corrected within days of the bloggers breaking the news. The above oversightwill likely suffer the same fate.

DJP_707 likes this.
  4. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    IHG® Rewards Club   Account Management.jpeg
    Yeah I know the bonus points with new card sign ups got fixed but last time I checked my account I was seeing some of the bonus spend points from the card still crediting toward status for hotel spending. Not sure if it's a different bucket or if they have fixed this in the last couple weeks.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  5. Lionell

Lionell Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had 2 friends stay at that hotel this year and they both booked the 25k bonus points package, for both of them they posted as elite qualifying.

DJP_707 likes this.
  6. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    Bonus points that are part of the room package are supposed to be elite qualifying.

Bonus points from promotions are not elite qualifying.

7. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the information, I may try this I'm a few points short of Spire for this year.