IHG Black Friday Hotel Deal

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by RestlessLocationSyndrome, Nov 2, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just across info on this deal in the following article:

http://travel.usatoday.com/hotels/p...ack-friday-cyber-monday-deal-100-off/560395/1

I haven't seen the actual deal other than what's shown in the link since I don't have Twitter. Seems like a good value for someone who was already planning on doing a weekend trip but the hotel costs and time will likely outweigh the value of the $100 discount if doing a pure MR.

2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's a funky two part promo, and if nothing else it shows you why you should set up a dummy twitter account to follow these people... :)

The rules and sign-up are here: https://get100rules.ihg.com/welcome.php

Seems pretty simple actually... you register and have a 2 night weekend stay before April 29th, then provide them with proof of the stay before 5/31 and you get a "$100 travel credit"

You can also retweet @IHG_Deals tweets with the #GottaGet100 hash and get an entry to win a $100 prepaid gift card -- which is different from the flight credit.

There is A LOT of fine print associated with the "award" though. You don't get $100 check, money order, gift card or anything of the sort to use with whomever you want... there is a very specific process for using the award and a lot of restrictions.

You can get up to 3 $100 credits, but you can only use them one per quarter. You also need to book through ATG and require 14 day advance notice and a saturday night stay.

The ugliest parts of the fine print are below:

3. jaw_24
    Original Member

jaw_24 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Saturday night stay on the subsequent flight purchase could be a real hanger for me.

4. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think it's one of those promos where if you're going to have a weekend stay (or more) before 4/29, then you might as well give it a shot. I registered and they provide you with an email / fax or even snail mail way of submitting the proof, so it might not be too big of a pain to actually get the "travel credit"

The real bad stuff is going through ATG for booking, which means that you will most likely not find the best pricing on the flights, or you might be booked on some crazy non-upgradeable O fare. Plus the awards are non-transferable so it's not like you can gift them away if you don't use them.