IHG Announces "EVEN Hotels" - focus on wellness

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by TheBeerHunter, Feb 28, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
  2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I like the idea of a bigger gym...curious to see these properties once they begin selling rooms!

:)

3. Jeff the Wanderer

Jeff the Wanderer Silver Member

Status Points:
    These sound quite nice. It will be interesting to see how successful they are. Although many people "want" to be healthier, I wonder how many will actually make the healthier choice when it comes to hotels. There is a big difference between wanting to do something and actually acting on that want. It will also be interesting to see statistics on how many people book rooms with good intentions, but don't end up taking advantage of any of the optional healthy activities.

I will certainly be spending some points to try out one of these once they are available. I don't know if you will find me in the gym on vacations, whether it is bigger or not, but some of the other features sound great.

4. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I can see the concept working in some major metro areas, but I'm having a hard time seeing one of these in every little town across the US...but, like everyone else is saying, I am curious to see it once rolled out and no doubt will book a room to check it out, too!

Jeff the Wanderer and rwoman like this.
  5. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree. :)

6. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    I see the concept being fairly successful if the road warriors who want somewhere nice to work out while on the road actually find it at these hotels. I know of several consultants who pick hotels specifically because they have nicer gyms to work out in or are open late or 24 hrs. I've found that the majority of business travelers that I work with are not points/miles hounds like myself and instead look for qualitative differences in line with their lifestyle.

If I had the money to franchise one of these hotels in a good location, I'd probably be interested in hearing more.... but an x-factor to me is whether anyone wants to earn IHG points ;)

7. reachdp

reachdp Silver Member

Status Points:
  8. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Something tells me my cinnamon buns and bacon are in jeopardy at Even hotels.
    Thank goodness for HIX!! ;)

TheBeerHunter likes this.
  9. retirementdreams

retirementdreams Silver Member

Status Points:
    HMMMMMM not so sure the cinnamon buns and bacon are what is in jeopardy!!

10. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

Status Points: