IHG 48hr Sales Starts Soon

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Lionell, Oct 18, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Lionell

Lionell Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just came across this announcement on the IHG website when checking some of my current reservations. Apparently there is some kind of sale coming up soon, and after looking up some info about last years similar promo, it should be discounted (25-75%) award nights that can be booked in a couple hundred hotels worldwide. More info can be found on this link.

Screen Shot 2014-10-18 at 19.22.39.png

Rosalia, londoncalling, kiwi and 3 others like this.
  2. danielwood

danielwood Gold Member

Status Points:
    Europe Only? :(

uggboy, Rosalia and Sammich like this.
  3. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    I liked your post, thanks a lot.
    What I enjoyed most is this : "Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer"....

uggboy, danielwood and Lionell like this.
  4. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    YES Danielwood...it should start on 31st Oct at 7o'clock in Europe, right?

uggboy and danielwood like this.
  5. Lionell

Lionell Gold Member

Status Points:
    It seems so yes, while the same promo last year had hotels worldwide offering award nights at a discount.

uggboy, Rosalia and danielwood like this.
  6. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    The only problem would be : would they be qualifying nights?

uggboy likes this.
  7. Lionell

Lionell Gold Member

Status Points:
    We'll find out in a couple of days what the terms & conditions of this promo will be. If it's award nights, then they won't count...

uggboy likes this.
  8. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    are these award nights at a discount ? My interpretation of the website info is that the discounts are on paid rates :

"The sale kicks off at 00:01AM on 31 October 2014 with amazing discounts on rooms at over 600 participating IHG® Hotels across Europe."

uggboy likes this.
  9. ffitalia

ffitalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello, I received an email from IHG. ".... as a valued IHG® Rewards Club Platinum member you can get a great deal 24 hours earlier than anyone else.

The sale opens from 00:01 on 30 October 2014 with amazing discounts on rooms at over 600 participating IHG® hotels across Europe. "

uggboy likes this.
  10. Lionell

Lionell Gold Member

Status Points:
    uggboy likes this.
  11. Lionell

Lionell Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm curious about availability, looking to book an additional night for our trip to Berlin in January and maybe a weekend in Amsterdam in December.
    No real awesome deals to be found, wrote a piece for the Dutch blog yesterday, but nothing really jumped out. Maybe the IC in Amsterdam which can be booked at around 214 euros, whilst usual prices are between 350 - 450 euros.

uggboy likes this.
  12. Lionell

Lionell Gold Member

Status Points:
    It seems that you can already book the rates now through the website... Even without being logged in as IHG member. No luck through the IHG app though as Platinum member. The IC Amsterdam can be booked for 169 euros a night. I have contacted IHG Care and IHG Rewards Club about the benefit for Platinum members to be able to book first through the app before the offer would be made public, I wonder how they'll react. Seems another system screw up...

Btw rates are non-refundable, deposit is required and depending on the hotel breakfast is included.

uggboy likes this.
  13. Lionell

Lionell Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oh another thing I noticed is that prices were first showing in GBP, but now can be booked for the same amount but in Euros.

uggboy likes this.
  14. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Rosalia and uggboy like this.
  15. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Indeed, Kalboz, the sale is on...Could not get a good rate, the rate at the three ICs I tried were higher than the best available. For example, I tried to book IC Frankfurt from Dec 26 to Dec 30, this Flash sale showed Euros 169, tried to book the best available price and it is Euros 96.
    The same happened with IC Cannes and Holiday Inn Bern.

Kalboz likes this.
  16. Lionell

Lionell Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had a look around, but couldn't find anything that I really liked or looked forward to planning in that period. Already had a stay booked at IC Berlin on BOGO voucher, was looking to fly to Berlin a day earlier, and booking Indigo hotel at Alexanderplatz, but rate through website was cheaper than the Winter Sale rate.

17. Lionell

Lionell Gold Member

Status Points:
    I booked 2 nights earlier today for Amsterdam in January at 49 euros a night. Have a couple more hours to decide where to go for Xmas.

Rosalia likes this.
  18. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I booked seven nights split among Lisbon and Madrid in January at 49 euros each night. These were at Holiday Inns I have stayed at before.

Rosalia and Lionell like this.
  19. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just booked one night in IC Geneva, normal rate CHF 291 and Winter sale CHF 204. For other stays I was definitely better off with Advance Purchase rates.