(Ignore) Expert mode now showing individual F/R availability on married segments

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by TravelerRob, Jul 30, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is a change we will all like I think.

I noticed today doing some flight searches on United.com while I was logged in that Expert Mode is now showing individual F/C/A/D/P/R flight availability per segment when looking at flights that include connections. In the past the married segment logic only showed the cabin availability based on the lowest number of the two segments.

I have found that coach is still showing married availability. For example if one flight is T3 then all flights show T3 even though an individual flight within that married segment may be T9.

However, all first class cabins and "R" availability is reflective of the individual flight. For example a SEA-SFO-IAH-TPA trip is showing F6/R0 for SEA-SFO but F9/Z9/R1 for SFO-IAH and so on.

Let's hope this is a change UA decides to keep. Makes searching for flights way easier without having to go back and look up individual "R" availability per segment.

-Rob

2. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sorry all. I realize my mistake. When searching for flights it was actually breaking the fare. So SEA-SFO, SFO-IAH and IAH-TPA were all different fare buckets so it's a broken fare. When I look further down the page at segments that had the same fare class and were technically married then F/A/C/D/Z/R buckets were all matching :(

Sorry if I raised your hopes for nothing.