IG Investigation Embarrasses TSA (article is not a repeat)

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by Captain Oveur, Jan 25, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    I honestly believed the TSA was heading in the right direction by focusing more on the intelligence-based screening (Pre-Check stuff). I wondered why Pistole resigned a few months ago. Now I'm not so surprised.....

The TSA has a number of security problems at John F. Kennedy airport in New York, but it declared many of the details classified to try to hide the embarrassing information from the public, the agency’s internal auditor charged in a report released Friday.

Inspector General John Roth said the Transportation Security Agency was abusing its powers in order to shield the information — though he said the agency had released the exact same kinds of details in previous reports, so there’s no valid reason not to release them now. He said the only conclusion is that the agency is hiding behind classification.

Source

sobore, Flyer1976, uggboy and 3 others like this.
  2. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    What the OP didn't say is the article cited is from the Washington Times not the Washington Post and there's a big difference in the two papers.

DTWBOB