IFE

Discussion in 'Qantas Airways | Frequent Flyer' started by Leumas, May 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Leumas
    Original Member

Leumas Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone have information on the various IFE systems QF runs?

I recently flew on a 747 and one of the new trans-Tasman 738's. While the library isn't as big on the 738, the system and the interface are so much nicer to use than the 747.

I know the 747 system is a few years old, but I don't know if the 738 system is brand new. Can the 738 system be used on the 747? I haven't flown on the A380, so I don't know what system that uses.

Having said that, am I fair in saying the 'latest' movies available on QF seem rather old? I seem to remember from a few years ago that you can catch movies on a flight that are still on at the cinema. Now, it seems to be a bit slower...

2. wingspan
    Original Member

wingspan Silver Member

Status Points:
    It can be touch and go at times - I seem to remember seeing big movies, like Inception, on Qantas IFE before it was even in cinemas. But I have also seen many "latest" movies that have been around for a couple of months. Not sure how that all works out.

3. brinkers
    Original Member

brinkers Gold Member

Status Points:
    The A380 and 73H are both Panasonic X-series systems. The 73H system (efx) is a bit of a cutdown version of the A380 system (ex2).